Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Do you have Sushi at night?

Okay, this is a rather odd way to start a blog but who’s to say what’s the right way to do it right? Having a blog in itself speaks for something out of the ordinary and I must tell you that the occurrence of the extraordinary may be more frequently seen here than expected…Or not? Anyway, be as it may be, here’s getting right to it and by golly that’s how it should really be done!

“Hmmm…I’m craving for Sushi”. This was my answer to the night’s bonus dinner question. My soul companion and I seem to stumble in this situation almost every time we go out. The inevitable query of figuring out where to eat- I’ve known to hear the same problem happening to others too but never was I told of how to solve it.
We have bravely attempted to settle this matter once during the early two weeks of dating, and we brilliantly came up with making a dice! Our ‘Going Out Dice’. It would be our savior to the drought of ideas, the light bulb in the dusty dark! The dice would have six faces, each one labelled ‘Gadong’, ‘Q-Lap’, ‘Serusop’, ‘Bandar’, ‘Batu Bersurat’ and ‘Kiarong’. We thought that if we start out with the area then we can just carry forward from there, and if we don’t agree- we can dice it again until we find something we both like. However, since we are both humane procrastinators, of course this dice does not actually exist yet. Whether it will be born or not? That wholly depends on its fate with the higher power.

Luckily, we’ve been able to survive without it somehow and last night’s verdict was confirmed through craving. Yes! Another important decision handled very well! We had never gone out for sushi at night before and it was quite exciting to actually break away from that realized taboo. Though, this did not pan out as smoothly as I imagined. First, since we hadn’t made any reservations, we had a twenty minute wait for our table at the bar and secondly, the irresistible fate of ordering too much. I was determined to get my sweet egg sushi for sure and my fair share of salmon, prawn and tuna plus octopus, then because of that sensible urge to eat enough for dinner, I foolishly order a plate of fried rice. This is a mistake I always tend to make, and whoever I eat sushi with should be wise to advice me to just order sushi and nothing else. Please do.

Nevertheless, I found sushi to be just as great daylight or at night. The giggling embarrassment shared in ways to eat a mouthful of sushi, the chopsticks fussing and flowing green tea rolled up a mere exotic treat with the night to illuminate a gentle romance. How would you enjoy it?

0 comments: