Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Do You Sing?

Singing has always been one of my favourite things to do because it makes me feel good and its tons of fun- even when you’re alone. Singing in the car, in my room, in my office, in my studio, at school, I sing almost everywhere and anywhere. It may sound that I come across as someone whom is not shy but the truth of the matter is that I actually am quite a shy person. So, even though I like to sing- I make it a point that I sing when no one is watching. I’m way too embarrassed to sing with an audience and this can be a problem when I’m karaoke-ing or performing with friends. However, I can still do sing in these situations for the sake of my hopeless devoted love for singing but this is once I’ve overcome the jitters of course!

In the car, I’m embarrassed to admit that I’m one of those who like to crank up the volume on my desired songs and sing along because somehow it just wouldn’t be as satisfying. And this is a definite stress relief for my system. Songs that I usually sing to are slow songs and ones with catchy tunes which are probably categorised as ‘pretty-easy- to-sing-to’. And since I’m terrible with following lyrics I tend to hum a lot too. Oui! I am a go-getter on the road and it just wouldn’t do for me without having fun jetting to places.

After taking a moment trying to figure out where would be the oddest place I’ve sung at- I’ve only come as far as the library and that itself is just a vague memory, not enough to really count. But when you really think about it, there is no oddest place for singing (because you can actually sing anywhere) and it’s more likely that there is an oddest time. I think one of the oddest times I’ve sung in is during an awkward meeting with someone which is done so that the silence is broken. So I guess you can say, singing does a lot of good for me- certainly in more ways than one and I don’t think I would ever give up my voice as Aerial did in the ‘Little Mermaid’, but then again, I would do anything for love so don’t hold me on that!

0 comments: